Sunday, February 11, 2007

Prepping for the Craftiness

I ordered some beads from Artbeads, the lovely online store (free shipping, you don’t have to buy findings by the bag). I’m planning on making a couple of necklaces and a pair of earrings. I’m also going to rework this:



I love the beads, but am not so crazy about the necklace as a whole. I threw it together quickly to wear to a wedding. I’m going to lose the flexwire and crimp beads and put it back together with chain. Results to come…

I’ve also been jonesing for a little sewing lately, but have no projects in the works. I love to browse fabric online, but I seem to have problems linking it to projects I want to make. I sat down and thought about projects today and here’s what I came up with:

Tufted or quilted pillow for Mr. Beagle’s chair
Pajama pants (from Amy Butler’s In Stitches)
Fabric boxes (also from In Stitches)
Lap quilt (my first quilt)
I actually do have the supplies for the pajama pants. A couple of months ago I bought a flannel sheet set that I used to make the kimono robe from In Stitches:



I still have enough left over for the pants. Perhaps they should come first then.

No comments: