Saturday, February 03, 2007

Getting to the Crafts

Yup. Tipsy girl was right. Tipsy from just 2.5 drinks, mind you. Tipsy girl cannot drink like she used to, but that’s kind of okay.

Yesterday was a doozy. My geeky-funny-brilliant and all-around nice guy of an ex-boss left the company. He’s leaving to take up the post of CEO of another company, which is fantastic for him… but I’m going to miss him terribly. I fear that we will be lost without him. Yesterday was also the day that I got some bad news about the project that I’ve been consumed by for the past year. Ugh. There was good news, though, too. A good friend finally gave in and is going to get married next weekend. And of course, Brett will be back.


Enough with the therapy and on to the crafts: after the many hats of Christmas, I finally got started on Rogue. I’m doing it in Knitpicks Wool of the Andes in Chocolate. Nice color, very detailed pattern, but I’m not absolutely loving it yet. I think part of my problem is that I’m working on relaxing my tension which makes my knitting more uneven. I’m hoping that once I get used to knitting looser, it will improve and not look quite so… rustic. I’m almost done with the body and I finished the first arm, mostly knit while traveling. (I did knit the sleeve in the round instead of flat, as instructed. I really hate seaming.) That leaves the hood and one more arm. I hope to finish before Stitches West.







Tomorrow is all about cooking.

No comments: