Thursday, February 22, 2007

Scheming

I'm very much looking forward to the Stitches West Market this weekend. I have not actually bought yarn since November, so I actually have some cash to be exchanged for yarn. So as to not buy random skeins (all three hanks of yarn bought last year at Stitches are still in the stash) I have a shopping list:

800 yards of worsted for a clapotis (since I appear to be the last knitter to have not knit one yet)

Sock yarn (for my first foray into socks) Amy Swenson's Sock formula suggests these yardages:
-Sock-weight yarn: Approx. 350yd/320m, knit at 7-8 sts/inch
-Sport-weight yarn: Approx. 300yd/275m, knit at 6.5-7 sts/inch
-DK-weight yarn: Approx. 250yd/229m, knit at 5.5-6.5 sts/inch
-Worsted-weight yarn: Approx. 200yd/183m, knit at 5-6 sts/inch

Needles for aforementioned socks

Of course, I can always use a new book and there's the usual accessory suspects (row counters, stitch markers, etc.)

Although Rogue is sooo close to being done, I don't have another sweater on deck yet. I think it's time to take a break and work on some non-sweater projects for a change, so no sweater yarn... unless I find a deal...

No comments: