Sunday, July 01, 2007

Done

RR Done



Pattern: Rusted Root from Zephyr Style
Begun: 6/9/07
Finished: 6/29/07
Size: S, but knit at a bigger gage to obtain L measurements
Yarn: Brown Sheep Cotton Fleece in Cavern (and only 3 skeins!)
Needles: #5 and #3 circulars
Mods: Aforementioned gage nonconformance and a provisional cast-on at the neck... that's it.


I really, really like this sweater. And I promise I won't wear it with the pink tank top- which I swear I have on in the pic- that is not beagle flesh you see. The little poufy sleeves are so clever and sweet. I was a little worried after reading about other's problems with the sleeve puff, or lack thereof, but mine turned out just fine. The whole thing just zipped along, thanks in no small part to my inlaw's visit, during which I got lots of knitting done, as the houseguests didn't want to actually do anything.


Pros: Cute, puffy sleeves, fits.
Cons: Slightly wonky where neck meets lace panel, directions say to pick up stitches around neck when provisional cast-on makes so much more sense, my hips.

RR Lace Pattern

On the needles is a super simple bag with some stash yarn while I wait for the yarn to arrive for the Puff-Sleeved Feminine Cardigan (more puffy sleeves, huzzah!) from Glampyre's Fitted Knits (yeah, raglan shaping). Perhaps I can overcome the cardigan curse (neither of the cardigans that I've knit are at all wearable, while all of my pullovers turn out okay).

No comments: