Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Craving...

Sleep

At eight weeks, my baby does not sleep through the night. In fact, my baby would prefer not to sleep at night at all it seems. I totally understand now how sleep deprivation can be used as a torture device. (And as for that "sleep when your baby sleeps" nonsense, it's great as long as you are able to get all your sleep in 45-minute intervals and don't have any need to eat, shower, do laundry, leave the house, or get any kind of non-baby human contact.)

Root Beer

Before late in my pregnancy, I could take it or leave it. I always preferred ginger ale. Now, however, I'd be happy to drink nothing but.

Spring

While I loved, loved, loved the weather in California, I've never hated Wisconsin winters. I still don't hate winter, but I'm so ready for spring this year. It all probably has to do with being extra-cooped up inside with the baby. I can't wait for the first day it's warm enough to take the baby out for a walk (note to self: buy stroller sometime before warm day arrives).

Knitting

The last time I knit? A couple of hours before my water broke and we left for the hospital. Last thing I knit?

Sock and a Quarter

The most frustrating thing is that I considered taking the sock along to the hospital, but discarded the idea thinking that I'd be in too much pain to knit. I didn't know that I'd spend the first sixteen or so hours of my hospital stay in relatively mild labor watching repeats of college football games.

At least I finished the knitting on this stripey (and highly modified) version of Knitty's Daisy:

Stripey Daisy

Now, if only I could get it washed and the zipper on it. And find the time to knit something else.

1 comment:

Kristy Chan said...

oooh that little hoodie is so cute, I wish I had the patience to knit! Or that it is cold enough here to need woollen clothes. And I hear you on the sleep - it's a tough choice between sleeping when the bub does or actually doing something when you have a moment of peace and quiet.....