Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Like I need more excuses to wear pajamas

Seriously Wide Leg Pajama Pants

I finished my seriously Wide Leg-ed Pajama Pants from Amy Butler's In Stitches that I started on my day off. As you can see below, the legs are really wide (you may also see that I need a pedicure- good thing it's winter). All the better to slather pink rick rack on (the pj's, not my feet). I mostly followed the pattern, but cut the waist a little lower and hemmed the bottoms more than suggested to fit my average height. I also skipped the make-your-own drawstring exercise in favor of a time saving grosgrain ribbon.

The fabric is from the fitted sheet half of the set of flannel sheets also used for the robe. The flannel is cozy and soft. Both patterns were straightforward and super easy to sew. I'm thinking I may have to make another pair of the bottoms in a lightweight cotton for summer sleeping.

Wide Leg Pants

No comments: