Sunday, May 06, 2007

Complaints, then on to the Crafty

It's difficult to summon enthusiasm for baby-gift-making when your life has inadvertently acquired the soundtrack of constant crashing, banging, thumping, and screaming that is a one year old living upstairs. Why did they not insulate in the 50's? Why???

But, enthusiasm was summoned, and thanks to inspiration courtesy of Angry Chicken, baby A.J.A. (her older brother is A.A.A.) will be receiving a couple of wee appliqued onesies:

Apple Onesie

Heart Onesie

And because both A.'s mom and I grew up in the age of the Care Bear:

Heart Onesie Booty

Oh, yeah, the booty heart.

Such a nice little project. I followed Amy's (concise) directions and if it hadn't been for the fact that I had to lug out the sewing machine, ironing board, and all the supplies, it would have been done in no time (sigh- apartment living).

Jaywalker the First

Jaywalker the first is all but finished (see long end still hanging out), and the second is coming along with much less ripping than its older sister. Funny how that happens. The sweater-of-my-own-design is slated for ripping. Either I have gotten very bad at math, or my gage swatch lied. Fortunately, it's only an inch or so in, so no big.

I think Baby Upstairs just took his first step. They be celebrating by making a lot of noise.

2 comments:

MissVicki said...

I love your sock yarn! Very yummy

Septic Tank Cleaning Brockton said...

Hello mate grreat blog