Sunday, July 08, 2007
The Mystery Quilt of Chaos is done. I pulled an all-dayer yesterday and quilted and bound it.
Overall, I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. I kind of wish I had the patience to do a better job of quilting it. I'm also not quite sure about how the clashing reds look on the back side. Mostly, though, I'm just really, really glad it's done. It has taken its place of honor on the back of the living room futon* . MQoC will make a much better summer blanket than the down throw that it has edged out.
Things I learned:
1. I like the patchwork part of quilting but not the actual quilting part.
2. Binding a quilt is not that bad, particularly if you do it all by machine.
3. A little bit of salt sprinkled on banana chips makes them extra nummy.
4. I do not want to undertake another quilt until I have some dedicated crafting space.
5. One can quilt without a walking foot... it's just not going to turn out all that good.
And hey, look what's on the needles:
Uh-huh. Nothing. It's driving me nuts. I'll be starting the Feminine Cardigan from Fitted Knits just as soon as my yarn arrives. Which is hopefully soon.
*It's kinda sad that I have to specify which futon the quilt is on. I'm very much looking forward to the day when we're settled enough to get some real furniture. Happily, that day is approaching...