Sunday, July 08, 2007

Quilty Goodness

MQoC Closeup

The Mystery Quilt of Chaos is done. I pulled an all-dayer yesterday and quilted and bound it.

MQoC Finished

Overall, I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. I kind of wish I had the patience to do a better job of quilting it. I'm also not quite sure about how the clashing reds look on the back side. Mostly, though, I'm just really, really glad it's done. It has taken its place of honor on the back of the living room futon* . MQoC will make a much better summer blanket than the down throw that it has edged out.

MQoC Back

Things I learned:
1. I like the patchwork part of quilting but not the actual quilting part.
2. Binding a quilt is not that bad, particularly if you do it all by machine.
3. A little bit of salt sprinkled on banana chips makes them extra nummy.
4. I do not want to undertake another quilt until I have some dedicated crafting space.
5. One can quilt without a walking foot... it's just not going to turn out all that good.

And hey, look what's on the needles:

Empty Needles

Uh-huh. Nothing. It's driving me nuts. I'll be starting the Feminine Cardigan from Fitted Knits just as soon as my yarn arrives. Which is hopefully soon.

*It's kinda sad that I have to specify which futon the quilt is on. I'm very much looking forward to the day when we're settled enough to get some real furniture. Happily, that day is approaching...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your quilt! Saw it on Craftster. I'm a knitter too but recently saw those Jelly Roll quilt strips. They would be great for a quilt like this!

Raquel said...

GORGEOUS! love it love it love it. You have a fabulous eye for fabric! I'm amazed that this is your first. And don't worry about taking over the kitchen table - the family gets accustomed to eating in the living room after a while ;)
-Raquel

Amy said...

Saw your quilt on craftster, really great! You should be proud :)