Monday, July 16, 2007

Backwards is Better

Staring Down the Void

It's shaping up to be a doozy of a week, so I'll just talk about the past weekend:

A trip to the Heath Ceramics Factory in Sausalito. Beautiful, beautiful stuff. First two wedding* gifts down.

Lunch by the marina at Fish. Chowder. Yum.

Eerie, foggy stroll in the Marin headlands:

Tunnel Beginning

Tunnel End

Out of the Tunnel

Fog

Dyeing yarn. Almost 900 yards of yarn, in fact. Knitpicks worsted superwash to be knit into a clapotis for Mr. Beagle's grandma at Christmas. I was trying for this. I ended up with this:

My Little Pony Yarn

And that's in yellowing artificial light. In better light it's a little My Little Pony for my taste. Coming soon: adventures in overdyeing. (Did I mention- 900 yards? Son of a nutcracker!)

*We have six (SIX!) weddings of close friends or relatives coming up in the next year.

No comments: