Wednesday, February 10, 2010

More Food

LOTS of Tomatoes

Despite the fact that Baby and I were both sick, sick, sick with a cold (for the third time in six weeks!) all last week, I finally managed to replenish my frozen sauce supply. My sauce is simple: olive oil, garlic, tomatoes. Maybe a little tomato paste and oregano or basil. In the past year or so, I've taken to making it in quantity (those cans are 6lbs each). It's a little cheaper (comes out to about $1.10 per 3 cup portion) and saves me a few minutes when making dinner.

Garlic

Menu for the week of January 7th

Sunday: Skirt Steak Nachos, Veggies with Artichoke Dip
our Super Bowl tradition

Monday: Roast Tofu with Garbanzo Beans, Tomatoes, and Paprika, with Roast Zuchini and Couscous
adapted from this recipe- the paprika yogurt sauce is so easy and so good

Tuesday: Spicy Soba Noodles with Shiitakes and Cabbage *New Recipe*

Wednesday: Chili

Thursday: Vodka Pasta, Peas

Friday: Chili Leftovers


No comments: