Friday, November 19, 2010

Hillary Lang is Awesome/Darn You, Hillary Lang

Inchworm
Back when it was still sunny and warm...

I have a lot of craft books. A lot. Wee Wonderfuls is the first one I've gotten that has made me want to sew pretty much everything contained within it. Immediately. So, I started with the inchworm.

Inchworm
Evelyn, meet Evelyn.

I've been very keen on hand sewing lately and this pattern was a joy to stitch together in wool felt. (Ironically, she's now keeping watch over my sewing machine.)

So, thanks to Hillary Lang (whom I've long admired, and whose blog I've long lurked about), I've had softies and dolls on the brain. Add Christmas to the mix, and I find myself planning on sewing a gadzillion gifts, several of them softies from Hillary's book. Gulp. It's very likely that I've bitten off more than I can comfortably chew. Five weeks to go...

Koji in progress
Koji, waiting for a tail.

No comments: