Wednesday, December 01, 2010

Countdown to Christmas

X...X...X...X...
There are few people who could compel me to cross stitch. Alicia is one of them.

I have to admit that I've been preoccupied with Christmas since before Halloween. I love Christmas. The food, the family, the music, the decorations. The smell of a real Christmas tree just about makes me swoon. Even now as an adult, just like when I was a kid, I have trouble falling asleep on Christmas Eve because I'm just too excited.

This year, I'm having a blast sewing up a storm. There are holiday projects in all states of completion floating around. My sewing table is covered in fabric and patterns and the floor is littered with thread snippings. It's like Santa's freaking workshop in here right now.

We traveled for Thanksgiving and I packed up my Snow Day ornament kit and stitched the long weekend away. And what a nice Thanksgiving it was. My little man looked oh-so-dapper in his holiday vest (details on ravelry). There was a lot of food, a lot of relaxation, and a fire truck outing for the menfolk. Very nice indeed.

Stripey Vest
Really accentuates the pot belly.

No comments: