Tuesday, April 10, 2007

It's not a race...

Been so busy, but I present FO #2:

Clapotis + Poang

Pattern: Clapotis by Kate Gilbert from Knitty (but you knew that already)
Begun: 3/2/07 Finished: 3/30/07
Size: Uh… big
Yarn: Brooks Farm Four Play in a pink and brown colorway
Needles: Size 8 straights and circulars

Pile o' Clapotis

Mods: One less section 3 repeat than written because I ran out of yarn. Let me repeat that: I ran out of yarn. I was about 3 inches from the end and I ran out of yarn. I ripped back about eight inches, got rid of the aforementioned repeat and the rest was fine and dandy.
Thoughts: Clever. So clever. Nice as a shawl, nice as a scarf. Mindless, but not too boring to knit. Very nice in the Four Play yarn, but if I knit another, I think I’d do it in Noro Silk Garden to get the hombre stripes playing off the perpendicular dropped stitches.

Clapotis Closeup

No comments: