Sunday, April 15, 2007

I Enjoy Being a Girl

Pink, Pink & Keen

Perhaps my mother didn't dress me girly enough as a child. I have evidence of one class picture (third grade, I think) in which I had short permed hair, a red checked flannel shirt, and a photographer who referred to me as "young man"... I can think of no other reason for dressing for work as though for a tea party, even though I know full well that there is a good chance that I will get oily, greasy, or have to pay careful attention to the arrangement of my skirt as I crawl around on the dirty floor trying to find a particular $^#$ing cable. At least I have the good sense to wear my skirts primarily with Keens (the bestest shoes in the whole wide world).

Revisiting the Knit List:

1. The socks have been cast on again (this time as jaywalkers with my Kool-Aid dyed yarn), frogged again, and cast on one more time with a modified (two sizes smaller) pattern in order to get gage.

2. The capelet is almost done (have I mentioned how much I adore raglan shaping?) in blue-raspberry-lemonade-dyed Knitpicks Sierra.

Aqua Yarn + Dress

Sigh- the days are getting longer, but it's still getting dark by the time I get home from work. That's the capelet's intended in the background.

3. Math has been done for the sleeveless-cowl-of-my-own-design. Swatches have been knit and blocked and measured and more math has been done. I'll be hitting this one full force upon capelet completion.

4. The ripple blanket is underway... in the Great Northern Homeland. My lovely mother not only agreed to crochet me one, but is working on her own at the same time. She started mine while visiting last weekend and Sunday night packed up the yarn I bought for it and flew home. I leave you with the pile of ripple yarn which I may or may not have rolled around in while muttering about the glories of inexpensive merino.

Yarnpile

No comments: