Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Moving is Hard, Yo

The Long Drive 2

Packers (and not the green and yellow kind), movers, four days in the car, an apartment lacking fresh paint and cleaned carpet, sleeping bags on the floor, the movers again, the chaos of unpacking and all of it while I had a cold and was trying to maintain 30 hours of work per week.

Moving Stuff

It's strange to see everything you own sitting in your driveway.

The Long Drive

I'd never been in the Southwest before. Amazing scenery. I'd like to go back sometime.

Icy Trees Dirty Windows

Every tree in Illinois was coated with a thin layer of ice.

Lemon Gifts

We did all of our Christmas shopping in one day. I wrapped them all the next day. And placed them around the traditional Meyer Lemon tree. Okay, so we had no proper Christmas tree (or any other Christmas decoration) so I made do.

Warm Hat Begun Again

And the knitting? Well, I've done more knitting than I expected to over the course of the move. Unfortunately, this is all I have to show for it, since this has been knit and ripped out, um, five, maybe six times. It's kind of Elizabeth Zimmerman's Very Warm Hat, but as I don't own Knitting Around, I'm just kind of winging it. My problem has been fit. Fitting Mr. Beagle's noggin, that is. I think I might finally have it, though. It only took a month to get it right.

No comments: