Sunday, April 04, 2010

My Boys

I've got some great boys.

The little one will disappear a couple times a day. I'll realize I don't know where he is and go looking for him. Usually he's sitting quietly.

Book Bear

Looking at a book.

Book Bear

The kid loves books.

Book Bear

Come to think of it, my grown-up boy likes books an awful lot, too.

They also both love food. I feel so fortunate that my Wisconsin born and raised husband will attack a tofu curry with the same gusto as the sconniest fish fry*. So far, the little one is following in his father's footsteps. With very few exceptions, I feed him whatever we eat. So this evening's spicy beef and curried lentils? Nom, nom, nom. More?

Menu for the Week of April 4th

Sunday: Indian Beef, Curried Lentils, Peas
Just got back from a visit to the in-laws and haven't grocery shopped yet. So nice to be able to pull this all from the freezer.

Monday: Pizza with Olives and Sun-dried Tomatoes, Broccoli

Tuesday: Scrambled Eggs, Hash Browns *New Recipe*, Toast, Smoothies
I don't think I've ever made hash browns before, even though I really like them.

Wednesday: Pork Loin with Sweet Potatoes, Apples (instead of pears), Roasted Cabbage
This was very good the first time around, particularly since it was very easy.

Thursday: Pasta with Sausage and Kale

Friday: Veggie Curry

*That of course, is beer battered fish complete with salad bar, coleslaw, french fries, and for the ultimate in rural Wisconsin dining, an appetizer of beer battered cheese curds.

No comments: