Sunday, July 29, 2007

The Noncrappy Parts of My Week in Pictures

Redyeing

Jem Yarn

Pile O Jem Yarn

Redyed all 900-ish yards of the "My Little Pony" yarn (after painstakingly reskeining the one I had already wound into a ball). It's a leeetle more mature and sassier now, so I've renamed it "Jem and the Holograms" yarn.

Over the Back Fence 1

Over the Back Fence 2

Watched a neighboring house get torn down in about 3 minutes flat. At 8 am on Tuesday. By 6 pm what was once a house, garage, shed, and overgrown yard full of fruit trees, was all bare dirt.

HP7 Bookmark

Finished HP7 and handed it off to the mister who never ever used to use any kind of bookmark (he was so hard on book spines) until he received this one (with an illustration of a vintage vacuum tube and a picture of Einstein on the back). I thought Deathly Hallows was a fine ending to the series and am looking forward to Jim Dale rereading it to me in the car.

Fem Puff Sleeved Cardigan Start

Worked on the seemingly endless raglan increases on the Puff Sleeved Cardigan.

Salon Loot

Won a bunch of my spendy shampoo in a drawing at the salon (those are salon sized bottles- I should have included a regular bottle for scale- I expect that I'm set for shampoo and conditioner for the next year).

August Gifts

Wedding Gift

Wrapped gifts for August birthdays and weddings. The salad servers go with the Heath salad bowls we picked up a couple of weeks ago.

Hm, this makes me feel okay about the past week, despite the general suckiness of it. Maybe I should do this more often.

No comments: